Answers to your Asset Management questions
- Assets do I have?
- Is the asset's full information?
- Is the asset's history?
- Are my items?
- Did they move from/to?
- Is using an asset?
- Did not return an asset?
- Did I buy an asset?
- Was an asset last repaired?
- Is an asset going end-of-life?
- Assets did I ship?
- Assets did I receive?
- Assets were "lost"?
- Did an asset cost?
- Is it worth today?
In what conditions
- Were assets returned?
- Were assets transported?
Full end-to-end Asset visibility
The S4GV Asset Management solution provides full visibility across the entire life-cycle of the assets.
Thanks to S4GV's hierarchical item management and logistics capabilities, it is possible to define at the organization level or customize at the geographic node level all that relates to:
- Stocks, movements and inventory
- Warehousing and locations
- Order management (sales, purchases, transfers).
Since the S4GV Platform natively supports asset serialization, an Asset is immediately identifiable across the organization; furthermore, it is possible to select the most appropriate serialization approach (see Serialization) and to use multiple serialization codes concurrently.
The S4GV Asset Management solution includes the ability to assign Assets to configurable assignees, be they internal employees or conference participants or others:
- Check-out ("assign") to an assignee
- Check-in ("return") from an assignee
- Contextual and time-based assignments e.g. for the duration of a conference or as part of a specific office, department or data center.
An international organization can use the S4GV Asset Management solution in very advanced corporate deployment models.
- Have a clear view of all the items of the company, where they are located, who is using them and whether they require maintenance.
- Can regularly perform distributed inventories in a very automated manner and at very limited costs.
- Can manage independently their own assets and perform their own inventories without dependencies on the other offices
- Can assign assets to their own employees, control if the assets have been returned and in what conditions.
Each organization's node can then define specific "contexts" requiring the allocation and control of corporate assets. For example, in the example of an international conference, the office can rely on the S4GV Asset Management solution to:
- Prepare and verify all the items to be shipped to the conference
- Receive and verify all the items that are required at the conference site (and perform the relevant consolidations)
- Assign (temporarily) the assets to the participants of the conference and verify in what conditions such items have been returned (damage, loss, etc.)
- Perform inventories on all the conference-specific items during the duration of the event and identify any missing assets
- Prepare and verify all the items to be shipped back from the conference
- Receive and very all the items that were returned from the conference site (and perform the relevant consolidations).
The S4GV Asset Management solution also comes with pre-defined and customizable contextual reports allowing organizations to keep constant control on their assets.